Summary: Offering a diverse variety of perspectives,Exploring Family Theories, Third Edition, is a combined text/reader that integrates theory with research and applications. In each chapter, Suzanne R. Smith and Raeann R. Hamon present the history, scholarship, and critiques of one principal family theory in a concise manner. Numerous examples and illustrations augment and clarify content, while application questions help students relate these theories to the real world. After each chapter, ...show morea follow-up journal article exemplifies how that particular theory is used to guide actual research.
New to this edition:
* A new chapter on ecological theory
* Updated research and application sections
* Vignettes throughout each chapter
* Expanded introductions on the history of each theory, its development and function, and the need for theorizing
* An extended epilogue offering a more in-depth look at how we evaluate theories and the projected future of family theories
* New sample readings on contemporary and relevant topics ...show less
More prices and sellers below.