Summary: Arguably the first standard textbook of its kind, Exploring Illustration presents a curriculum methodology to learning illustration. Written in a friendly, conversational style with input from experienced instructors, this introductory-level book offers a 'gallery' of representative approaches to illustration. Fundamental concepts, techniques, styles, and mechanics are highlighted in an approachable compare-and-contrast format, with functional, step-by-step visuals t ...show morehat enhance understanding. The result is an eclectic cross-section of the real world of illustration that is an innovative introduction for students and young professionals alike.Edition/Copyright: 04
- stimulating coverage embraces basic theory, current wisdom, and illustration throughout the ages, including the influence of culture and the dictates of taste
- topics at the heart of all artistic endeavors ' composition, value, color, line, and texture ' provide the groundwork for more core issues, such as portrait and figure, editorial, advertising, and book venues, still life, and landscape
- a digital and electronic overview highlights the impact of computer graphics, the onset of digital illustration, and current hardware and software, with a look into the future of the computer's creative role
- the instructor's guide features a sample mix-and-match curriculum is provided for instructors to illustrate how the book might be used in their courses
- an electronic overview highlights the impact of computer graphics and digital illustration, current hardware and software, and looks into the computer's present and future creative role.
Publisher: Delmar Learning