Summary: Practice your facility-based coding skills and prepare for the CCS or CPC-H exams with unparalleled practice and review from the name you trust, Carol J. Buck! The Extra Step, Facility-Based Coding Practice 2011 Edition makes it easy to master advanced coding concepts by providing realistic experience working through facility-based coding scenarios. Each case incorporates actual medical records with personal details changed or removed, and is accompanied by rationales for corr ...show moreect and incorrect answers to provide the most accurate, efficient, and effective review possible. Edition/Copyright: 11
- More than 115 cases provide comprehensive coding practice in both inpatient and outpatient settings to strengthen your understanding and help you ensure your professional success.
- Abstracting questions at the end of many cases are designed to assess knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- ICD-9-CM codes are accompanied by corresponding ICD-10-CM codes in the answer keys to familiarize you with the new coding system.
- Cases are mapped to the content outline of the CCS and CPC-H certification exams to help you prepare for certification
- A companion Evolve Resources website keeps you informed of updates in the coding field and provides rationales for textbook patient cases and hints and tips for more efficient coding.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.