Summary: Using experience-driven advice and compelling articles from scores of newspaper and magazine writers, this text shows how award-winning journalists achieve excellence and national recognition. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines helps students cultivate vital journalistic skills with a thorough discussion about creating and refining article ideas, conducting research and interviews, writing, and navigating legal and ethical questions. Its many exa ...show moremples feature award-winning writers--all 25 of whom have won the Pulitzer Prize for feature writing. This text's world-class writing examples, extensive updates and timely tips from some of America's best feature and magazine writers have made it the premier text in its field for almost two decades.
- Combines clear explanations of each step in the writing process with a wide range of stories from some of the country's best feature writers.
- Accompanies every writing example with a careful analysis of the author's writing technique.
- Provides biographies of award-winning journalists and case history comments and writing tips from the writers themselves.
- Includes coverage of the libel and privacy laws and ethical considerations so important to every potential newspaper and magazine writer in search of true excellence.
New To This Edition :
- Adds new excerpts from five Pulitzer Prize-winning feature articles, promoting better writing by providing some of the best examples available.
- Explains Web-based multimedia techniques in feature and magazine story writing to prepare students for converged newspapers and magazines that are becoming commonplace.
- Enhances the coverage of work by African-American Pulitzer Prize winners, providing students with a diversity of writing examples.
- Expands coverage of Internet-assisted research to help students keep pace with 21st-century journalistic techniques.
- Replaces investigative magazine articles in Chapter 8 with more student-friendly computer game reviews.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines : The Pursuit of Excellence: