Summary: A market-leading program, Financial Accounting provides business students and accounting majors with a comprehensive introduction to practices and procedures. The text is well known for its highly respected author team, balanced approach, and real-world emphasis. Accuracy reviewers check every line and work through each exercise in the text and supplements, making Financial Accounting the most accurate among similar texts on the market.Edition/Copyright: 9TH 07
The Ninth Edition--w ...show morehich focuses primarily on the use of accounting information in today's business world--represents the most significant revision of the text to date. Content updates reflect current accounting and business practices, while greater attention is given to ethics, service enterprises, and international issues. In addition, the text features a more concise, accessible writing style; a new design to emphasize the user-oriented content; and enhanced technology components for both instructors and students.
- New! A completely new, streamlined interior design highlights the user-oriented content and features captioned photos, new line art, and a contemporary color palette--all of which aid students' understanding of financial accounting. The art program includes 45 new photos, featuring actual businesses and organizations such as Nike, Yahoo, and Amazon.com.
- New! The Ninth Edition offers greater accessibility than ever before, appealing to a broad range of interests and skill levels. Where possible, detailed information has been made more concise, and procedural material has been rewritten to focus more on the use of accounting information in today's business world.
- New! The Eduspace online learning tool pairs the widely recognized resources of Blackboard with quality, text-specific content from Houghton Mifflin. Auto-graded algorithmic homework exercises and MP3 files of chapter summaries come ready-to-use. Additional course management materials include HM Testing (powered by Diploma), general ledger software, and classroom response system ("clicker") content. Also within Eduspace, Financial Accounting is available in eBook format for quick access.
- New! Enhancements to the chapter openers include 15 new photos; new ethics statements and coverage of ethics/corporate governance in the Learning Objectives; all new Decision Point companies such as Google and Starbucks accompanied by questions for thought and discussion; and a new financial statement model that shows how the chapter topic is reflected in the financial statements.
- New! The text features more than 230 publicly held companies--as well as international, governmental, and not-for-profit organizations--to illustrate the real-world application of accounting principles. A company index at the end of the text includes web links to annual reports. New coverage includes CVS, Kraft Food Corporation, and Southwest Airlines.
- New! Following each learning objective, new Stop, Review, and Apply features present discussion questions and short exercises for students to complete based on the materials they've just learned.
- New! A Look Back, located at the end of each chapter, revisits the company highlighted in the chapter-opening Decision Point and prompts students to reconsider the material covered in the chapter.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Financial Accounting - With Cd: