This edition has also been released as:
ISBN13: 978-0073220680, 978-0073296876
ISBN10: 007322068X, 0073296872
Summary: First Aid: Taking Action covers the material required for a semester long First Aid course. The focus is teaching how to recognize and act in any emergency and to sustain life until professional help can arrive. Quality content will feature information based on the 2005 national guidelines for breathing and cardiac emergencies, including CPR, choking care and using an automated external defibrillator (AED). Other information includes bleeding control, first aid for s ...show moreudden illnesses and injuries, and remote first aid. Information is presented in a concise easy-to-read manner that works as a handy reference after the course. A National Safety Council completion card for CPR and First Aid are available with the course.Edition/Copyright: 07
- Instructor Productivity Center includes an instructor manual, PowerPoint slides, and an instructor DVD with video clips of skill demonstrations.
- Companion DVD! A companion DVD provides video demonstrations of the key skills required to complete the course.
- Review! Review questions are located throughout each chapter and at the end of each chapter to help assess understanding.
- Flexible! Appendix on Advanced Resuscitation Techniques provides information required for a Healthcare Provider/Professional CPR completion card.
- Disaster preparation! Appendices include information on how to prepare for a natural disaster such as a hurricane or tornado.
- Skills are laid out in an easy-to-follow design with step by step information and full color illustrations.
- Controversy boxes give more information about controversial areas in first aid.
- True Story boxes give real life true stories that involve the specific chapter content.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2007