Summary: The First Amendment, Third Edition, puts the power of a sterling author team at the service of professors who are focusing exclusively on freedoms of speech, expression, and religion. Using cases, excerpted scholarship, and notes, the Third Edition provides an in-depth treatment of First Amendment issues.
Featured in the Third Edition:
* an up-to-date, in-depth, and cogent treatment of First Amendment issues, with a 75/25 split in coverage bet ...show moreween speech and religion
* a balance of historical, theoretical, and practical approaches
* the highly regarded authorship of the very successful casebook, Constitutional Law, Fifth Edition
* numerous well-crafted problems with which students can practice applying legal principles in hypothetical situations
New to the Third Edition:
* major new cases:
o Ashcroft v. American Civil Liberties Union on the constitutionality of the Child Online Protection Act (COPA)
o Virgina v. Black on content-based restrictions on freedom of expression
o U.S. v. American Library Association and Randall v. Sorrell on content-neutral restrictions
o Eldred v. Ashcroft on freedom of the press and the Copyright Term Extension Act (CTEA)
* new materials on the Establishment clause and the Free Exercise clause
* updated notes on recent scholarship concerning free speech and the religion clauses
Whether you use FirstAmendment, Third Edition, as a stand-alone text in a First Amendment elective, or as a supplement in a Constitutional Law course, this outstanding author team will illuminate your coverage of First Amendment topics with their passion and erudition.
9 more offers below.