Food for Today is the most up-to-date, comprehensive foods and nutrition program available. It combines strong nutrition emphasis with thorough coverage of consumer and food preparation skills.
- The Food Science Lab features are complete, self-contained minilabs that include both procedures and questions that invite students to arrive at meaningful conclusions.
- For Your Health provides nutrition and fitness tips to help students adopt or maintain a healthy lifestyle. A brief activity or set of critical thinking questions provide real-life relevance.
- The Recipe File feature contains carefully selected recipes for use in the foods lab. All of the recipes take a reasonable amount of preparation time, are at an appropriate skill level, and appeal to teens. Each recipe lists ingredients in both metric and customary amounts. Clear, step-by-step directions and nutrition information are also provided.
- The Connecting features are integrated learning activities that draw parallels and important ties between the text content and another curriculum area, such as health, mathematics, language arts, or social studies. This feature concludes with a brief activity or set of critical thinking questions to aid student learning.
- Close-up on Science shows how food and nutrition topics relate to concepts in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and physics.
- Following the final section in each chapter, a full-page Career Wanted feature introduces students to a person in a particular career related to foods and nutrition. Each career feature concludes with two activities to help students consider the career opportunities and to expand upon the information provided.