on Orders of $25 or more*
|Get your books quickly and easily... and pay nothing for shipping. Just order $25 or more and standard shipping is on us (excludes Marketplace and Rental offerings).|
|$3.99 flat rate|
|UPS 2nd Day Air*||$11.99 flat rate|
|UPS Next Day Air*||$19.98 flat rate|
* Not available for PO boxes and APO/FPO
** Saturday delivery is only available in certain areas. UPS standard rates apply.
*** Separate shipping rates apply for bulk orders
Summary: Forages: The Science of Grassland Agriculture, 6th Edition is the long-awaited revision of the classic reference that serves as a comprehensive supplement to An Introduction to Grassland Agriculture. The new edition has broadened its scope and is newly re-organized into ten major sections that extensively cover the field of forage agriculture. Chapter authors are leading researchers and authorities in grassland agriculture who emphasize quantifiable information that ...show morelends itself to comparative analysis. An extensive list of references, suggested further reading, glossary, and a thorough index complete the book's value as a single-source reference. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 07
PART I. Forage Plants
1. Terminology and Classification of Forage Plants Robert F Barnes, C. Jerry Nelson, and Gary W. Fick
2. Grass and Legume Structure and Morphology Lowell E. Moser and John A. Jennings
3. Physiology of Forage Plants Jeffrey J. Volenec and C. Jerry Nelson
4. Growth and Development of Forage Plants R. Howard Skinner and Kenneth J. Moore
5. Nutrients and Water in Forage Plants Dale G. Blevins and David J. Barker
PART II. Forage Ecology
6. Climate and Forage Adaptation Vern S. Baron and Gilles Baelanger
7. Plant Interactions David D. Briske
8. Plant Herbivore Interactions Samuel W. Coleman and Lynn E. Sollenberger
9. Nutrient Cycling in Forage Production Systems David A. Wedin and Michael P. Russelle
10. Forages for Conservation and Improved Soil Quality Douglas L. Karlen, Jerrell L. Lemunyon, and Jeremy W. Singer
11. Forages and the Environment Dennis R. Keeney and Matt A. Sanderson
PART III. Forage Species
12. Cool-season Legumes for Humid Areas Craig C. Sheaffer and Gerald W. Evers
13. Legumes for Tropical and Subtropical Areas William D. Pitman and Albert E. Kretschmer, Jr.
14. Cool-season Grasses for Humid Areas Michael D. Casler and Robert L. Kallenbach
15. Grasses for Arid and Semiarid Areas John D. Berdahl and Daren D. Redfearn
16. Tropical and Subtropical Grasses Wayne W. Hanna and Lynn E. Sollenberger
17. Forbs and Browse Species David P. Belesky, David W. Koch, and John W. Walker
PART IV. Forage Systems
18. Systems for Temperate Humid Areas Jerome H. Cherney and Robert L. Kallenbach
19. Forage Systems for Temperate Subhumid and Semiarid Areas Larry A. Redmon and John R. Hendrickson
20. Forage Systems for the Warm Humid Areas William D. Pitman
21. Forage Systems for Humid Transition Areas Charles P. West and John C. Waller
22. Forage Systems for Arid Areas Dan H. Putnam and Timothy DelCurto
PART V. Forage Production and Management
23. Establishment and Renovation Marvin H. Hall and Lester R. Vough
24. Fertilization Clifford S. Snyder and Richard H. Leep
25. Irrigation and Water Management Jennifer W. MacAdam and Allan L. Barta
26. Weed Management Robert A. Masters and Robert B. Mitchell
27. Insect Management R. Marc Sulc and William O. Lamp
PART VI. Forage Improvemen
28. Forage Breeding Kenneth P. Vogel and JoAnn F.S. Lamb
29. Biotechnology and Molecular Approaches to Forage Improvement E. Charles Brummer, Joseph H. Bouton, and Mary K. Sledge
30. Seed Production Jeffrey J. Steiner and Tim L. Springer
31. Nutritional Chemistry of Forages Ronald D. Hatfield, Hans-Joachim G. Jung, Glen Broderick, Thomas C. Jenkins
PART VII. Forage Quality
32. Digestibility and Intake David R. Mertens
33. Plant Chemistry and Antiquality Components in Forage Lowell P. Bush, Craig A. Roberts, and Carrie Schultz
34. Laboratory Methods for Evaluating Forage Quality William P. Weiss and Alice N. Pell
35. Animal Methods for Evaluating Forage Quality Robert C. Cochran, Wayne K. Coblentz, and Eric S. Vanzant
36. Predicting Forage Quality John E. Moore, Adegbola T. Adesogan, Samuel W. Coleman, and Daniel J. Undersander
37. Factors Affecting Forage Quality Steven L. Fales and John O. Fritz
PART VIII. Forage Harvesting and Utilization
38. Post-harvest Physiology Michael Collins and Wayne K. Coblentz
39. Hay Harvest and Storage C. Alan Rotz and Kevin J. Shinners
40. Silage Production Richard E. Muck and Limin Kung, Jr.
41. Biomass, Energy, and Industrial Uses of Forages Matt A. Sanderson, Neal P. Martin, and Paul Adler
PART IX. Pasture Management
42. Grazing Management Lynn E. Sollenberger and Yoana C. Newman
43. Grazing Animal Nutrition Monty S. Kerley and Gregory P. Lardy
44. Grazing Animal Behavior Karen L. Launchbaugh and Charles T. Dougherty
45. Forage-induced Animal Disorders Henry F. Mayland, Peter R. Cheeke, Walter Majak, and Jesse P. Goff
46. Grazing Systems and Strategies Vivien Gore Allen, Rodney K. Heitschmidt, and Lynn E. Sollenberger
Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster?
We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
|Sell it back by:|
|Guaranteed cash back:|
|Cost of this book|
after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet during the download process.
What is the Marketplace?
It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options?
Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air TermsRental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.