Summary: Foundations and Clinical Applications of Nutrition : A Nursing Approach, second edition, approaches the study of nutrition and diet therapy from the personal and professional perspective of nursing students. The text emphasizes the role of nursing in health promotion and primary prevention as well as in illness. Includes life-span coverage, nursing process and cultural considerations throughout in a full-color design. The second edition includes expanded conte ...show morent on allergies, complementary therapies, and telenursing. Features Edition/Copyright: 2ND 00
- Integrates the Food Guide Pyramid throughout the text as a guide for planning the goals of an adequate, health-promoting diet.
- Includes other food pyramids such as the Latin American Food Pyramid to recognize the diversity of healthful dietary intakes.
- Contains "Toward a Positive Nutrition Lifestyle" sections which present psychosocial strategies to help students improve their nutritional lifestyles and those of their patients.
- Teaching Tool boxes, along with extensive margin notes, offer students insight into what patients should know about nutrition and ways to teach them.
- Social Issue boxes highlight aspects of health and nutrition of national and international communities, providing important social and global perspectives.
- Health Debate boxes present the pros and cons of controversial health issues to help students explore opinions on current topics.
- Cultural Considerations boxes highlight multicultural issues to help students approach, interview, and assess patients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Myth boxes contain common fallacies, accompanied by the facts, to help readers overcome misconceptions about nutrition.
- The Nursing Role boxes apply the nursing process to each of the 22 chapter topics.
- Critical Thinking/Clinical Applications boxes, included in every chapter of Part IV, "Overview of Medical Nutrition Therapy," enhance students critical thinking skills by applying their knowledge to actual clinical situations.
- Wellness boxes provide the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social dimensions of wellness as it pertains to a specific chapter topic.
- Includes an appendix that presents cultural dietary patterns of different ethnic groups, allowing nurses to focus on specific patient populations.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Other Editions of Foundations and Clinical Application of Nutrition / With CD-ROM: