Summary: Foundations of Marketing offers a concise, straightforward approach to basic marketing concepts and strategies, while providing instructors with the flexibility to integrate supplemental resources or activities into their courses. Providing comprehensive coverage in a consolidated format, Pride and Ferrell highlight topics in ethics, e-marketing, and customer relationship management while incorporating up-to-date research and examples throughout.Edition/Copyright: 3RD 09
In additio ...show moren to a well-respected, distinguished author team, authoritative coverage, and comprehensive yet consolidated coverage, the Third Edition includes new advertisements, photos, and screen shots throughout the text; GlobalEdge features that pose questions about marketing in a global context and encourage online exploration; and Opening Vignettes that feature engaging companies intended to spark student interest.
- New! HM MarketingSPACE encompasses the interactive online products and services integrated with Houghton Mifflin Marketing textbook programs. Students and instructors can access HM MarketingSPACE content through text-specific Student and Instructor Websites and via online learning platforms, including Eduspace, Houghton Mifflin's online Course Management System, and Blackboard/WebCT.
- New! Companies featured in the text program include HM Satellite Radio, Google, IKEA, Harley-Davidson, Starbury Ones, Napster, Hard Rock Café, and BMW's Mini Coopers.
- New! And Now, Back to... end-of-chapter features reintroduce Opening Vignette scenarios and ask students to apply chapter-specific concepts to company-specific issues.
- New! Topics ranging from ethics and global marketing to building customer relationships are strategically placed as boxed features to emphasize chapter concepts and grab student interest. These new boxes read and look like magazine articles, and work to stimulate the imagination of the reader. Highlighted companies include Cereality, Arctic Monkeys, Second Life, Apple's iPod, Wicked (the musical), Netflix, and Microsoft's xBox.
- Video Cases at the end of each chapter help students understand the application of chapter concepts. Featured companies include Travelocity, New Belgium Brewery, JetBlue, New Balance, REI, and Vail Resorts. A DVD guide is available on the HM MarketingSPACE Instructor Website.
- The Plan, an interactive marketing plan and videos, allows students to follow a fictitious mountain bike company as they prepare to launch a new product.
- New! To meet the needs of interactive learners, Foundations of Marketing, 3/e, is available as a multimedia eBook. Priced at nearly half the standard retail price of a printed text, the six-month passkey subscription includes access to all the online and premium online content available with HM MarketingSPACE.
- New! Foundations of Marketing, 3/e, is also available in a new condensed version--Marketing Express. This brief, full color, contemporary textbook includes a passkey to access premium online content available with HM MarketingSPACE. Marketing Express does not include the extra end-of-chapter exercises or introductory materials, offering greater flexibility for those who prefer a briefer text with limited pedagogy.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Foundations of Marketing: