Summary: This full-color, user-friendly reference covers topics such as prenatal care, complications of pregnancy, birth, postpartum care, and newborn care. Childrearing is covered from birth through 18 years of age. Special features throughout the book are specially designed to emphasize specific information, such as: Life Cycle Considerations, Client Teaching, Infection Control, Safety, Community/Home Health Care, Cultural Considerations, and Professional Tips. Critical Thi ...show morenking Questions are included throughout the book to encourage the user to apply the chapter's content. At the end of each chapter, readers will find a Summary and Review Questions, along with References/Suggested Readings and Resources. Edition/Copyright: 2ND 05
- Nursing Care Plans now include NIC/NOC references, to reflect current practice.
- Nursing Management sections are now included in all Nursing Process sections (parallel to the current Medical-Surgical Management head); this emphasizes the nurse's responsibilities in delivering safe, effective, and competent care.
- Pharmacology content is highlighted with an icon and a description of the nurse's role.
- Special boxes emphasize specific information: Life Cycle Considerations, Client Teaching, , Infection Control, Safety, Community/Home Health Care, Cultural Considerations, Professional Tip, and Critical Thinking Questions
- Infection Control, Safety, Community/Home Health Care, Cultural Considerations, Professional Tip, and Critical Thinking Questions
- Full Color: Adds realism to the superb illustrations and photos
Publisher: Delmar Learning
Year Published: 2005
Other Editions of Foundations of Maternal and Pediatric Nursing: