Summary: Part of the popular LPN Threads series, Foundations of Nursing provides all of the fundamentals content and skills needed to educate LPN/LVNs. Designed to be used in conjunction with Adult Health Nursing, together these two full-color texts provide complete coverage of all of the content needed in an LPN/LVN curriculum in a convenient multi-volume set. Foundations of Nursing provides coverage of fundamentals and skills, maternal and neonatal, pediatric, geriatric, me ...show morental health, and community content. Adult Health Nursing provides coverage of anatomy & physiology and medical-surgical content. These textbooks will now be available separately, as a package, or as a single-volume combined text. Rely on these tried-and-true texts to ensure your students success both in the classroom and in practice! Edition/Copyright: 5TH 06
- Nursing Process is applied to the discussion of disorders and appears in a summary form at the end of each chapter.
- Over 100 skills are presented in a step-by-step format with clearly defined nursing actions and rationales.
- Nursing Care Plans, presented in a case-study format, emphasize patient goals and outcomes and include Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each care plan. The answers are included in the Instructor's Resource Manual.
- Nursing Diagnosis boxes, screened and highlighted in the text, include nursing diagnoses for specific disorders paired with the appropriate nursing interventions.
- Mathematics review in Chapter 23 provides full coverage of basic arithmetic skills prior to discussion of medication administration.
- Patient Teaching boxes include post-hospital discharge guidelines and disease prevention instructions with a strong focus on three-way communication among the nurse, patient, and family members.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2006