Summary: The fully revised and updated New Edition of the comprehensive text covers nursing care for the full spectrum of psychiatric disorders and psychosocial problems. It maintains the anxiety continuum framework and nursing process format popular in previous editions, while incorporating a wealth of brand-new coverage to keep readers current with the state of psychiatric nursing.
...show more'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 98
- Features all-new Chapters on Psychiatric Nursing in the Community Setting, Communication Within Families, The Severely and Persistently Mentally Ill and Their Care, and The Psychosocial Issues of Clients with Physical Illness.
- Presents a revised and expanded chapter on Psychobiology of Mental Disorders that includes new information on psychopharmacology and the biological basis for mental illness.
- Introduces critical pathways to demonstrate how collaborative treatment plans are used.
- Integrates new information on case management into every clinical chapter.
- Includes critical thinking questions at the end of each chapter to foster problem-solving skills.
- Contains a free, easy-access clinical companion that provides assessment tools, intervention for specific types of behaviour, and a handy drug reference.
- Clarifies clinical experiences with case studies, presented within the framework of the nursing process.
- Suggests appropriate responses of student nurses to disorders and behaviours through self-assessment exercises.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 1998