Summary: Encourages students to think critically about freedom of speech and provides a comprehensive analysis of the historical and legal contexts for the first amendment, from its foundations through censorship on the Internet.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 97
- Designed for communications and political science courses in freedom of speech, Tuman and Fraleigh address the current issues surrounding freedom of expression and provide a comprehensive ...show more analysis of the historical and legal context for the first amendment.
- Covers freedom of expression from its historical foundations through censorship on the Internet.
- Provokes inquiry and discussion by providing opportunities for students to read extended case law and informed commentary and analysis from others.
- Encourages readers to think critically about free speech in developing their own vision of an ideal system of expression.
- Reviews the history of free expression in other cultures, as well as the United States.
- Discusses campus free speech issues and connects current debates with students' lives.
Publisher: St. Martins Press, Inc.
Year Published: 1997