Summary: The new edition of this best-selling text is summarized by "classic text, modern presentation." Its emphasis on fundamental skills and concepts and clearly explained problem-solving strategies continues to be a strength. The revision builds on the highly praised style and applications to everyday life that have earned this text a reputation as the voice of authority in general chemistry.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 00
- R ...show moreeadability, accuracy, comprehensiveness
- Strong on basics such as drawing and interpreting Lewis structures
- Great number of worked examples
- Helpful problem-solving tips
- Molecular models. Much of the artwork has been created using updated software, in order to enhance the visual presentation.
- Saunders CD-ROM cross references in the margin. These direct the reader to specific sections in the most popular general chemistry CD-ROM on the market. A separate correlation guide linking this text to the CD-ROM is available.
- Macro-micro art. This artwork shows molecules in an "exploded" format in order to help understand molecular behavior.
- Stereoscopic art. Packaged with each text is a stereoscopic viewer in order to see various molecules in 3-D. See especially Chapters 8, 13, 18, 25, 27, and 28.
- Major revision of End-of-Chapter Exercises. More than 50 percent of the Exercises are new or updated. The Exercises represent an excellent variety and continue to challenge the student's grasp of concepts in addition to skill building. Many new ones include environmental and industrial applications. A new type of exercise that is widely praised is the Conceptual Exercise.
Publisher: Brooks/Cole Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2000
Other Editions of General Chemistry / With Viewer: