Summary: The Fourth Edition of this innovative text continues to emphasize a generalist, empowerment-oriented approach, along with practice strategies and techniques for working toward individual client and social change. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 04
The Fourth Edition updates the contemporary themes of social work practice into an integrated practice process. New resources extend the research base, add breadth and depth, and position this book as a defining work for articulating an empowermen ...show moret-based method of social work practice.
New To This Edition
- Takes a generalist, empowerment-oriented approach, including all system levels--individual, family, group, organization and community.
- Incorporates the ecosystems approach to consider human behavior within an ecological context; uses the empowerment or strengths perspective to help students learn to identify and utilize client strengths in their practice.
- Sensitizes students to human diversity and ways to increase cultural competence in practice.
- The integration of material on practice, human behavior, policy, and research makes this text a unifying piece of any social work curriculum and a good fit for the new CSWE Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
- The comprehensive instructor's manual and test bank is written by the authors, and completely outlines the book and offers activities, exercises, and handouts for each chapter.
- New boxed material in each chapter highlights contemporary thinking about ethics and values in empowerment practice.
- Includes expanded material on spirituality, cultural responsiveness, power and privilege, environmental change, oppression, and action research.
- New student workbook (available to be packaged with the text) includes key terms, activities and exercises, and case study material.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Other Editions of Generalist Social Work Practice: