Summary: Designed for introductory genetics courses, Genetics: A Conceptual Approach focuses on the important concepts and mechanics of genetics, guiding students toward seeing the big picture without overwhelming them with detail. Drawing on more than twenty years of teaching experience, Benjamin Pierce brings the material to life by making important connections between topics, by providing advice and encouragement at difficult places, and describing people, places, and corn ...show moreerstone experiments. Features : Edition/Copyright: 03
- By continually connecting major concepts to one another, Genetics helps students navigate their way through the subject. Concepts are clearly illustrated and reinforced across sections within chapters, at the ends of chapters, and across chapters. (see pp. 52, 464, 673-7)
- In-Chapter Worked Problems that provide students with step-by-step solutions. Each chapter contains one or more of these walk through problems. Worked problems also appear at the end of each chapter. (see pp. 64-5, 675-6)
- Fresh, Original Problem Sets, thoroughly class-tested for accuracy. No other genetics text has the quality, quantity, and sheer variety of problems. (see pp. 73-4, problems 24 & 31; pp. 468-9, problems 18, 20, 21-5)
- "The New Genetics: Mining Genomes" tutorials, current, interactive web-based exercises that guide students through analyses and searches on the genomic databases that professional geneticists use.
- A superior art program with supremely clear, simple illustrations. In many instances, the art walks the student through a biological process step by step. Many figures contain a statement of the take-home message in the form of a Conclusion. (see p. 53, fig. 3.5, p. 443, fig 16.7)
- Integrated Media--Each chapter in the text contains several web icons that point students to the web site, which features interactive exercises, colorful animations, and additional information.
Publisher: W.H. Freeman
Other Editions of Genetics : A Conceptual Approach: