Summary: Geographies of Media and Communication systematically analyzes the relationship between geography and communication and shows how geographical approaches open up familiar and unfamiliar aspects of communication for analysis and discussion.
* Introduces media and communication from a geographical viewpoint
* Guides students through familiar themes of the study of communication towards more profound insights
* Explores issues such as 'Dea ...show moref Geographies', 'The Time-Space of Communication', and 'The Map as an Immutable Mobile'
* Organizes themes within a four-part structure: media in spaces, spaces in media, media in places, and places in media
* Re-interprets the cultural turn in geography as in fact the sensitization of geographers to a wide range of theories about communication.
16 more offers below.