Summary: Offers basic information on minerals and rocks, geological processes, and geological investigation techniques relating geology to construction and environmental concerns. Example problems are followed by assigned exercises and problem sets to give students an opportunity to relate geologic detail to engineering construction. Engineering applications throughout the text emphasize the direct association of geology and engineering, while sufficient depth in geologic sub ...show morejects provides a working knowledge of applied geology. Edition/Copyright: 95
- rich in engineering applications and examples: solved problems are followed by written assignments and problems to solve. Written assignments emphasize important points.
- numerous line drawings provide students with a visual understanding of geologic and engineering concepts.
- English and metric units in the text and the problem sets help students understand both systems.
- practical and environmental details are provided for each subject, rather than combining applications in one end-of-text chapter.
- physiographic provinces or detailed landscape divisions of the United States are related to construction considerations so students can see the extent to which landscape and geology affect construction concerns.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 1995