Summary: Get Ready to Read: A Skills-Based Reader, by Karen Blanchard and Christine Root, is a part of a three-level series designed to develop reading and vocabulary building skills. In Get Ready to Read, beginning students progress step by step through task-based activities that promote reading competency and fluency.Edition/Copyright: 05
The Ready to Read Series includes Get Ready to Read and Ready to Read Now. ...show less
- Sharpen Your Reading Skills provides explicit instruction as well as extens ...show moreive practice and recycling.
- Be an Active Reader features high-interest readings that allow students to apply their skills.
- As You Read activities, including completion of charts, graphs, and outlines, encourage reading with a purpose.
- Sharpen Your Vocabulary Skills includes word-attack skills ranging from Using a Dictionary to Using Context Clues.
- Express Your Ideas and Explore the Web extend and enrich the reading experience.
- Read Faster helps build reading fluency and accuracy.
Publisher: Longman, Inc.
Year Published: 2005