Summary: The New Edition of an Enduring Classic Edition/Copyright: 4TH 03
- Over 35 years in print
- Draws on over 60 years of experience in the field
- 100,000 copies sold
- National bestseller
The Complete Guide to Writing Grant Proposals
Compete Successfully for Shrinking Funding Dollars
In the existing climate of increased competition for reduced funding dollars, writi ...show moreng a winning grant proposal is essential.
Get the answers to your most troublesome questions. Drawing on over 60 years of experience in the field, authors Dr. Mary Hall, and Susan Howlett take you step by step, through this complex and sometimes frustrating process. Everything is covered, from current trends in funding to all the nuts and bolts necessary for writing a successful proposal.
By illustrating points with clear examples, incorporating checklists, a teaching guide for instructors, and other useful tools to keep you on track, the 4th Edition of Getting Funded continues to be the definitive reference on writing grant proposals available today.
Who Should Use Getting Funded?
- You will learn how to:
- Test the appeal of your idea
- Measure your organization's capability to carry out what it proposes
- Research and develop your idea
- Select the most promising funding sources
- Construct your proposal from abstract to budget, using proven management planning procedures.
- Present and negotiate your proposal
- Prepare for a subsequent round of funding
Everyone responsible for raising funds:
Everyone who oversees organizations involved in fundraising:
- Social service program personnel
- Health Professionals
- Nonprofit organization development personnel
- Graduate students involved in dissertation planning
Everyone who plans and seeks support for new programs or ventures:
- Elected and appointed officials
- Nonprofit organization board members and executives
- University administrators
- Research and project directors
What's new in this edition?
- Public sector administrators proposing new programs
- Private sector managers proposing new ideas or initiatives
- Web resources and numerous helpful checklists.
- A brand new section for instructors teaching proposal writing including a sample syllabus for 11-week and 3-week courses and suggested assignments for each chapter.
- More guidance and examples for small organizations in addition to larger, more sophisticated applicants.
Publisher: Continuing Education Press
Year Published: 2003