This edition has also been released as:
Summary: Traditionally the international economics course has primarily been aimed at students working on an economics major. Today, a broad range of courses in global economic issues and policies are drawing students from a number of disciplines, such as accounting, marketing, political science, and business. This well-known author team created Global Economic Issues and Policies to address the growing needs of students that might experience this subject for the first time. ...show moreThe goal of the text is to emphasize current public-policy issues, which will be used to illustrate essential concepts of international trade and finance. The authors focused their theoretical discussions by staying within the guidelines of the basic economic principles.Edition/Copyright: 04
- Fundamental Issues and Answers: Each chapter begins with five to seven fundamental issues. At appropriate locations within the chapter, these fundamental issues are repeated, and appropriate answers are provided.
- Management Notebooks: Integrated throughout the text, this feature introduces students to the variety of issues faced by business managers in a global economy.
- Visualizing Global Economic Issues: This feature utilizes economic diagrams to help the students gain a deeper understanding of how economists apply essential concepts and theories to better understand global economic issues and policies. It is integrated throughout the text as appropriate.
- Critical Thinking Exercises: To introduce students to critical thinking activities, each of the features listed above includes critical thinking questions called "For Critical Analysis."
- On the Web: This feature appears in the margins throughout the text. At appropriate locations relative to text discussions, a URL is presented that relates to the topic at hand.
- Online Applications: Each chapter concludes with an extensive Internet exercise that guides the student to a particular URL and provides application questions. Each application concludes with a group exercise titled "For Group Study and Analysis."
- Questions and Problems: Each chapter concludes with several questions and problems.
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Global Economic Issues and Policies with Economic Applications: