Summary: Almost entirely rewritten, Global Journalism addresses the most pertinent issues and problems in today's global media while providing an accurate overview of journalism throughout the world. This new, fully up-to-date edition recognizes the vast and rapid changes taking place in international journalism. Its two interlinking parts first survey the main issues confronting journalists, media organizations, audiences, and others in the media world, and then focus in on ...show morethe media of eight major regions. Global Journalism has established itself over 20 years as a trusted authority on international media, and this edition brings it into the 21st century for a new generation of students, scholars, and media professionals.
New and Notable Features:
* Features the work of 28 noted scholars, with an increased number of international contributors compared to previous editions.
* Presents strong coverage of important media figures, such as Princess Diana, Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and Monica Lewinsky as subjects of global journalism.
* Features developments in the field of technology, especially in the 1990s, to help portray the ever-changing role of international journalism.
* Highlights the vast changes in the global media over the past decade, citing new journalistic trends in covering violence, sporting activities, and military propaganda.
* Features a case study on the media in Afghanistan, showing the physical, cultural, and economic barriers to media development that exists in non-Western countries. ...show less