Summary: A long-standing bestseller, Grassroots remains the preeminent worktext for developmental writers. With its excellent writing instruction, well-crafted and evenly paced exercises, and engaging writing activities, Grassroots has taught several generations of students how to write correct sentences and effective paragraphs.Edition/Copyright: 8TH 06
The four-color Eighth Edition offers proofreading practice, a focus on critical thinking, and practice exercises linked to high-interest t ...show moreopics. WriteSpace, an interactive online writing program and course management system, accompanies Grassroots to motivate students with carefully developed writing modules and exercises, innovative writing assignments, and online tutoring.
- A four-color design and images--including photos of Frank Gehry's Disney Concert Hall and of Galapagos tortoises--engage students and prompt them to think critically about the readings.
- High-interest models and exercises--focusing on topics such as Latina crossover stars, Habitat for Humanity, and online dating--engage students as they practice grammar skills and promote cultural literacy, spark discussion, and model good writing and rhetorical modes.
- Collaborative problem-solving and revising exercises all foster college-level thinking and writing skills.
- Chapter 30, "Putting Your Proofreading Skills to Work," provides high-interest paragraphs and essays for proofreading and grammar review, each containing a random mix of errors.
- Exploring Online in-text references to relevant web sites extend text learning to online study, practice, and discovery.
- ESL Tips and Teaching Tips in the Instructor's Annotated Edition provide suggestions for how to tailor chapter material to meet students' needs.
- Writer's Workshop activities at the end of each unit feature a sample student paragraph or essay followed by discussion, peer-editing questions, and writing and revising assignments. These workshops reinforce grammar and sentence skills in context and highlight the writing process.
Cover: Other Format
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Grassroots With Readings : Writers Workbook With CD: