Summary: This well-respected text is designed to teach readers about leadership and the management process, as well as supplying practical information about nursing administration. Chapters in Part 1 lay the foundation for what it takes to lead in the clinical setting, such as communication, stress management, decision-making, power, and politics. In Part 2, management skills and issues are presented including financial management, culture and change, and development and eval ...show moreuation of personnel. Throughout this edition, an emphasis on a global approach reflects the dynamic and evolving clinical environment.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 04
New to this Edition
- The logical chapter organization divides content between Leadership (Part 1) and Management (Part 2).
- Current, relevant research is referenced in discussions of management and leadership principles.
- Contributions have been drawn from business and the social sciences as they relate to nursing management.
- Enhanced content is provided on diversity, technology, nursing informatics, cost effectiveness, legal and ethical, and the reduction of errors through continuous quality improvement.
- New information on disasters and bioterrorism is now included in the organizational structure chapter.
- A new interior design makes information accessible and easy to follow.
- Important content highlights the differences between younger and older workers, with strategies for recruitment and retention.
Publisher: C.V. Mosby Co.
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Guide To Nursing Management And Leadership: