Summary: This essential guide provides the student a practical approach to the concepts of handling hazardous materials. Based on OSHA "HAZWOPER" regulations, this invaluable text addresses the specific competencies required of persons responding to a hazardous materials emergency. It guides the student through the essentials of understanding and evaluating hazards and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The student learns how to evaluate risk, select corr ...show moreect protective equipment, manage the incident and address tactical and strategic issues while minimizing down-time and reducing risk to other workers. Edition/Copyright: 99
- All the basics on protective equipment, decontamination procedures, reference books, tactics and strategy.
- Based on OSHA "HAZWOPER" regulations and appropriate for all emergency responders and waste site workers.
- In-depth examples of first-hand experiences illustrate real-world applications.
- Technical concepts are presented in manageable format for easy understanding.
- Step-by-step explanations arm the reader with the confidence and knowledge to apply simple solutions to complex problems.
Publisher: Delmar Publications
Year Published: 1999
Other Editions of Hazardous Materials : Regulations, Response and Site Operations: