Summary: A Thoroughly Revised Edition of the Classic Volume for Public Health Students and Professionals Since it was first published more than a decade ago, Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice has become the leading resource in the field of health promotion and education. This thoroughly revised third edition provides a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of health behavior theories relevant to health education and includes the most current
information on developments in theory, research, and practice.
Summary: A Thoroughly Revised Edition of the Classic Volume for Public Health Students and Professionals Since it was first published more than a decade ago, Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice has become the leading resource in the field of health promotion and education. This thoroughly revised third edition provides a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of health behavior theories relevant to health education and includes the most current information on developments in theory, research, and practice. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:3RD 02 Cover: Hardback Publisher:Jossey-Bass, Inc. Published: 08/28/2002 International: No
View Author Bio
Glanz, Karen : University of Hawaii
Karen Glanz is professor and director of the Social and Behavioral Sciences Program at the Cancer Research Center of Hawaii at the University of Hawaii. The editors were the recipients of the 1992 Mayhew Derryberry Award for outstanding contribution to health education theory and research.
Rimer, Barbara K. : National Cancer Institute in Bethesda / University of Washington
Barbara K. Rimer is director of Cancer Control and Population Sciences at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Maryland. The editors were the recipients of the 1992 Mayhew Derryberry Award for outstanding contribution to health education theory and research.
Lewis, Frances Marcus : University of Washington
Frances Marcus Lewis is professor in the School of Nursing at the University of Washington. The editors were the recipients of the 1992 Mayhew Derryberry Award for outstanding contribution to health education theory and research.
"This book reflects with crystal clarity for students and practitioners the advances in theories and their application in health promotion and education since the previous edition, but also challenges the theorists and researchers to address the gaps that need to be filled before the next edition."
--Lawrence W. Green, visiting professor, Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
"The third edition of Health Behavior and Health Education will be indispensable for researchers, practitioners, and policymakers working to translate research into practice. This volume charts new territory-from research design to application-and gives the field the lift and vision we've needed."
--C. Tracy Orleans, senior scientist, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
"Regardless of the practice site for health educators, and the nature of the practical problems they address in their daily work, the theoretically-driven orientation of this book is a major resource. After all, there is nothing more practical than a good theory-and this text is full of them!"
--Nancy Fugate Woods, dean, School of Nursing, University of Washington
Submitted By Publisher, June, 2003
View Table of Contents
Foreword by Noreen M. Clark, Ph.D. Preface. Dedication. The Editors. The Contributors.
PART ONE. Health Education and Health Behavior: The Foundations.
1. The Scope of Health Behavior and Health Education - The Editors. 2. Theory, Research, and Practice in Health Behavior and Education - The Editors.
PART TWO. Models of Individual Health Behavior.
3. The Health Belief Model (Nancy K. Janz, Victoria L. Champion, and Victor J. Strecher). 4. The Theory of Reasoned Action and Theory of Planned Behavior (Daniel E. Montano and Danuta Kasprzyk). 5. The Transtheoretical Modeland Stages of Change (James O. Prochaska, Colleen A. Redding, and Kerry Evers). 6. The Precaution Adoption Process Model (Neil D. Weinstein and Peter M. Sandman). 7. Perspectives on Intrapersonal Theories of Health Behavior (Barbara K. Rimer).
PART THREE. Models of Interpersonal Health Behavior.
8. How Individuals, Environments, and Health Behavior Interact: Social Cognitive Theory (Tom Baranowski, Cheryl L. Perry, and Guy S. Parcel). 9. Social Networks and Social Support (Catherine A. Heaney and Barbara A. Israel). 10. Stress, Coping, and Health Behavior (Lari Wenzel, Karen Glanz, and Caryn Lerman). 11. Social Influence and Interpersonal Communication in Health Behavior (Megan A. Lewis, Brenda DeVellis, and Betsy Sleath). 12. Perspectives on Models of Interpersonal Health Behavior (Frances Marcus Lewis).
PART FOUR. Community and Group Models of Health Behavior Change.
13. Improving Health Through Community Organization and Community Building (Meredith Minkler and Nina Wallerstein). 14. Diffusion of Innovations (Brian Oldenburg and Guy S. Parcel). 15. Mobilizing Organizations for Health Enhancement: Theories of Organizational Change (Allan Steckler, Robert M. Goodman, and Michelle C. Kegler). 16. Communication Theory and Health Behavior Change: The Media Studies Framework (John R. Finnegan, Jr. and K. Viswanath). 17. Perspectives on Group, Organization, and Community Interventions (Karen Glanz).
PART FIVE. Using Theory in Research and Practice.
18. Using the PRECEDE-PROCEED Planning Model to Apply Health Behavior Theories (Andrea Carson Gielen and Eileen M. McDonald). 19. Social Marketing (Edward W. Maibach, Michael L. Rothschild, and William D. Novelli). 20. Ecological Models (James F. Sallis and Neville Owen). 21. Applying Theory to Culturally Diverse and Unique Populations (Ken Resnicow, Ron Braithwaite, Colleen DiIorio, and Karen Glanz). 22. Communication Technology and Health Behavior Change (Neville Owen, Michael J. Fotheringham, and Bess H. Marcus). 23. Evaluation of Theory-Based Interventions: The RE-AIM Model (Russell E. Glasgow). 24. Perspectives on Using Theory: Past, Present, and Future (Karen Glanz). Glossary.
third Good [ No Hassle 30 Day Returns ] [ Writing: SOME ] [ Edition: third ] Publisher: Jossey-Bass Pub Date: 9/9/2002 Binding: Hardcover Pages: 624.
$8.99 +$3.99 s/h
text book recycle ny malone, NY
2002-09-09 Hardcover Good We ship everyday and offer PRIORITY SHIPPING.
$14.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
San Francisco, CA 2002 Hard cover 3rd ed. Good. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 583 p. Contains: Illustrations.
$19.50 +$3.99 s/h
Textbookcenter.com Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access code or dust jacket.
$25.92 +$3.99 s/h
San Francisco, CA 2002 Hard cover 3rd ed. Very Good. The book has been read, but is in excellent condition. Pages are intact and not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged. Sew...show moren binding. Cloth over boards. 583 p. Contains: Illustrations. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section***** ...show less
$48.00 +$3.99 s/h
Rupert Day CT Derby, CT
San Fransico, CA 2002 Hard cover 3rd ed. New. Gift Quality. Brand New. Fast Arrival. Packaged, protected and sent in bubble wrap. Free tracking. Sewn binding. Cloth over boards. 583 p. Contains: Ill...show moreustrations. Audience: General/trade. Gift Quality. Brand New. Fast Arrival. Packaged, protected and sent in bubble wrap. Free tracking. Over sized book. Pristine edition. ...show less
$70.00 +$3.99 s/h
bluehouse acton, MA
$90.65 +$3.99 s/h
Lyric Vibes Geneva, IL
Hardcover New 0787957151 New Condition *** Right Off the Shelf | Ships within 2 Business Days ~~~ Customer Service Is Our Top Priority! -Thank you for LOOKING: -)
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.