This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This comprehensive introduction to the different components of the school health program emphasizes the teaching of elementary health, with a secondary emphasis on health science. Its practical approach to teaching elementary health is particularly well suited for the elementary education major and will benefit students in health education, school nurse specialists, as well as community health educators.
New to This Edition :
...show more;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> Features :
- New Organization: The chapter on emotional health now appears much earlier in the book, and several other chapters have been deleted or combined for a more streamlined presentation.
- Assessment: A new introduction to assessment appears in Chapter 2, and new assessment items appear in each of the content chapters.
- National Standards: The new edition includes more coverage of national health education standards (with suggested teaching activities), as well as more information from Healthy People 2010 and the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System.
- Updated Coverage: Health content has been updated throughout, including new and updated material on bullying, dietary recommendations, children's responses to terrorism, and more. The recommendations for children's literature have also been updated, with special attention to currency and multicultural issues.
- Internet Resources: A new section on using the Internet to teach health education appears in Chapter 3, and the Internet resources sections in each chapter have been updated.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 4TH 04
- Provides pre-service teachers with the information they need to foster skill development in their students.
- Provides strong coverage of emotional health, focusing on self-esteem and skills that can help students build self-esteem.
- Presents teaching activities and content so that students understand what is developmentally appropriate at different levels.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Health Education : Elementary and Middle School Applications: