Summary: Revised and updated, the sixth edition of this comprehensive resource focuses on respectful interactions in a health care setting. Emphasizing effective communication with clients and patients, examples and scenarios are specifically relevant to health professionals. Content includes information and strategies for patients of all ages -- as well as abusive, depressed, and impaired patients.Edition/Copyright: 6TH 02
Key Features: rgin:0px;'> Clinically relevant format is easy to understand. Examples are included from a variety of allied heath professions and are easily transferred to real-life experiences. Scenarios facilitate thought-provoking classroom discussion. Content emphasizes a respect for diversity to guide readers through potential difficulties.
New to this Edition:
- Content has been thoroughly updated to include current health care settings, trends, and approaches.
- Two new chapters have been added -- The Patient's Story and Some New Challenges.
- New boxes and illustrations have been included to make the text more reader-friendly.
- New Verbal Interactions quotes are included at the beginning of each chapter.
- Discussion questions are now located within chapter content to aid in comprehension.
- Respect is the text's on-going theme. Examples and case scenarios throughout the text emphasize this critical aspect of patient communication.
Publisher: W.B. Saunders Co.
Year Published: 2002
Other Editions of Health Professional and Patient Interaction: