This edition has also been released as:
Summary: The Seventh Edition of Donatelle's text provides students with the tools they need to make healthy, lifelong behavior changes and become savvy consumers of health information. This current and user-friendly text holds students' interest by covering health topics of primary concern to them. The book is complemented by a comprehensive supplements package designed to help instructors teach the course with ease and to streamline pre-class preparation.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 07
Featu ...show moreres
- Content updates expand Donatelle's coverage to include the latest in health trends and news. Updates include: expanded information on stress coping techniques for college students, how to enhance your spiritual side to improve psychosocial health the newest research on birth control method such as Lea's shield, emergency contraception, methamphetamine, the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the MyPyramid Plan, antioxidants such as Vitamin E, and their effectiveness, emerging diseases such as West Nile Virus and SARS, prescription drug safety, health problems and disease risk related to obesity, and more.
- Proven pedagogical features carry over from previous editions, including the following:
- Chapter objectives
- In-text "What Do You Think?" critical thinking questions encourage students to reflect on material they have read.
- Assess Yourself boxes help students evaluate their health behaviors and consider possible changes.
- Skills for Behavior Change boxes provide strategies for making those changes.
- Health in a Diverse World boxes expand discussion of health topics to diverse groups within the U.S. and around the world.
- New Horizons in Health boxes highlight new discoveries and research.
- Reality Check boxes focus on potential health risks and safety issues.
- Women's Health/Men's Health boxes help students understand aspects of health unique to men and women.
- Consumer Health boxes focus on ways in which students can become better consumers by applying critical thinking skills to health topics and products.
- End-of-chapter Taking Charge sections include chapter summary, multiple choice review questions, discussion and reflection questions, and Internet and further reading suggestions.
- A running glossary defines words on the page where students first encounter them.
- Expanded coverage of "hot topics" reflects the interests of today's students ranging from online dating to probiotics and other medicinal foods.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Health : The Basics: