This edition has also been released as:
Summary: This lively text helps students understand how play, games, sport, and physical education evolved in western civilization. Using several interpretive frameworks, students explore topics such as the mind/body relationship, urbanization, industrialization, modernization, impact of technology, and politics, and their effect on sport and physical education throughout history. New texts now come packaged with PowerWeb: Health & Human Performance! New to This Edit ...show moreion
- Offers the most current information on the Olympics including the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Australia.
- Explores the effect society has on sport with expanded coverage of technology's impact on the development of modern sport.
- Offers more web resources, as new books are packaged with PowerWeb: Health and Human Performance password cards providing access to this dynamic web site.
- Includes new web watch boxes that provide further opportunities for students to explore topics on the Internet.
- Interprets, explains and describes much of the development of sport in terms of how past cultures have viewed the human body.
- Provides additional downloadable instructor resources from the Health & Human Performance Discipline Page.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 3RD 02
- Uses metaphysics as an interpretive device to help explain how and why sport and physical education developed as it did.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2002
Other Editions of History and Philosophy of Sport and Physical Education: