Summary: This captivating text tells the story of the movers and shakers, the renegades and rebels, and the creative spirits who developed the music of America's youth movement. Its history is a compelling story of musical and cultural changes that like a tidal wave changed the existing mores and conventions of life in the 20th century. Rock and roll's history is the story of controversy, tragedy, self-indulgence, love, peace, and the triumph of the human spirit.
- Biographical information on past and present musicians,composers, bands, producers, and record executives who have played important roles in rock music.
- Personal life stories of the most important performers and their contributions.
- A CD-ROM containing over twenty notable recordings in rock.
- An album-by-album review of the two most significant forces of the 1960s, the Beatles and Bob Dylan.
- Analyses of evolutionary rock styles from before the 1950s to the present, including a list of the most seminal recordings from each style.
Artists include: Frank Sinatra, Lionel Hampton, Johnny Otis, Bill Haley and His Comets, Chuck Berry, Lefty Frizzell, The Drifters, The Chiffons, Woodie Guthrie, James Brown, Joan Baez, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, Jan and Dean,
Dick Dale and the Del-Tones.
This text is a valuable resource for any rock music class whose intent is to make the connections between the music and the culture in which it interacted. This text is easily understood and enjoyed by both music majors and non-majors. ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 2ND 07
Publisher: Kendall/Hunt Pub. Co.
Other Editions of History of Rock and Roll - With CD: