Summary: This full-color manual is designed for students with minimal backgrounds in science who are pursuing careers in allied health fields. Designed to support the eighth edition of Hole's Essentials of Human A&P by Shier, Butler, and Lewis, this manual contains 47 laboratory exercises and reports, which are integrated closely to the textbook. Exercises are planned to illustrate and review the anatomical and physiological facts and principles presented in the text and ...show moreto help students investigate some of these ideas in greater detail. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 03
New to This Edition :
- Totally redesigned ART PROGRAM! We've revamped the entire art program to ensure color and style consistency throughout the lab manual to correlate to the main text. Almost every piece of art has been updated for color, consistency and a more modern style.
- Instructors can download Instructors Manual's and other materials at: www.mhhe.com/labcentral
- Appendix includes Rubric for grading lab reports!
- A section entitled "Study Skills for Anatomy and Physiology" is located in the front of the manual. This section was written with the help of actual students enrolled in a Human A&P course to best suit their needs!
- Many of the leader lines on figures have been enhanced for clarity by using more brackets for regional labels. To clarify whether a label refers to a general area or a specific structure, "clue" words in parentheses have been added to some figures to direct students in their answers.
- Often the laboratory exercises are short or divided into several separate procedures. This allows an instructor to select those exercises or parts of exercises that will best meet the needs of a particular program. Exercises requiring a minimal amount of laboratory equipment are also included.
- A "Materials Needed" section lists the laboratory materials that are required to complete the exercise and to perform the demonstrations and optional activities.
- A list of safety guidelines is included inside the front cover of the manual. Each lab session that requires additional special safety guidelines has a safety section following the appropriate "Materials Needed" section.
- Learning aids include an introduction, a summary of the purpose of each exercise, learning objectives, procedure instructions, laboratory reports, demonstration boxed asides, optional activities, and vivid illustrations throughout!
- WebQuest activities are found at the end of most exercises. Students can discover the answer to many scientific questions at the Online Learning Center for the main text (www.mhhe.com/shieress8) or at www.mhhe.com/labcentral. Here they'll find links to help with their quest!
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2003
Other Editions of Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology, Laboratory Manual: