Summary: Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology assumes no prior science knowledge and supports core topics with clinical applications, making difficult topics relevant to students pursuing careers in the allied health field. The learning aids throughout the text, along with the reader-friendly writing style, make a highly effective learning system for understanding the concepts of anatomy and physiology.
...show lessEdition/Copyright: 8TH 99
- New! Over 2 ...show more5% of the art program has been changed in this edition.
- New Micrographs. Many new micrographs enhance the illustration program.
- New! The Dynamic Human CD-ROM, Version 2.0. The text is correlated to the Dynamic Human 2.0 and will have a text-specific Web site.
- New! Stress Coverage. Textual material on stress.
- "InnerConnections" have been updated and are found at the end of the 11 systems chapters.
- Chapter-opening vignettes have been revised and updated.
- Physiology Coverage Stronger. Updated and stronger coverage, especially in the areas of physiology. See the chapters on cardiovascular, research, digestive, nervous systems, and the immunilogy, cellular metabolism and genetics coverage.
- Clinical Applications. These boxed applications are found in every chapter.
- Extensive pedagogical system in every chapter features: BOC key terms, BOC learning objectives, in-text questions, boxed readings, EOC summaries, critical thinking questions, and review exercises. The Aids to Understanding Words have been added to the beginning of each chapter per adopter request.
- Integrated Technology. The text is integrated with technology. Icons throughout the chapters tie in to the Life Science Animations videotapes and the Dynamic Human version 2.0 CD-ROM.
- Color Tabs highlight units, chapters, and reference plates and are visible on the edges of the pages.
- "Aids to Understanding Words." This section can be found on the printed endsheets, and at the beginning of each chapter.
- Boxed readings found in every chapter contain short discussions of the clinical or practical applications of the information preceding.
- Relevant, Up-to-Date Topics. Topics have been revised to include the most up-to-date information in the field. Many topics come straight from the headlines. Chapter 24, Genetics, has been fully updated based on the latest research.
- Exceptional ancillary package. This package is as comprehensive as any on the market. VRL, Lab Manual, DH2, Virtual Physiology, etc.
- The Virtual Physiology Lab CD-ROM is a unique, CD-ROM that can be packaged at a discount with Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology.
Publisher: W.C.Brown Pub.Co.
Year Published: 1999
Other Editions of Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology (Text Only):