Summary: Uses a variety of interactive tools with clear step-by-step instructions to help students actively overcome apprehension and feel confident in speech presentation. Edition/Copyright: 8TH 04
Rather than simply describing good speaking-techniques, this highly practical, perforated workbook text gets students practicing skills through exercises, checklists, self-tests and evaluation forms. Seventeen lessons with measurable objectives give students the tools they need to assess their o ...show morewn progress and insure that they are creating successful speeches. The interactive structure of the text frees the instructor to spend more time working with students.
- Contains a special "Diagnosis Folder" to help students track their own progress by recording their grades, as well as instructor comments and recommendations. Also includes a pre-course evaluation.
- Allows students to assess their skills through measurable objectives that open each lesson, ensuring that they understand the material and can apply it.
- Includes sample speeches and outlines to provide students with models from which to learn.
- Makes the text lively and relevant through quotations and anecdotes from media personalities and politicians.
- Provides role models of great speakers in the "Great Speakers" boxed feature, helping to inspire students (Lessons 3, 7, 9, 10, 14, & 15).
- Gives students step-by-step instructions on creating a computer template to help design speeches (Appendix B).
New To This Edition :
- Provides expanded coverage of new technologies to ensure that students are well informed about the tools available to help them prepare and deliver effective speeches.
- Adds a complete chapter (Lesson 13) on aids, such as presentation software, multimedia, and computer-generated graphics as well as more traditional materials, teaching students to create and use aids to illustrate key points in their speeches.
- Updates Lesson 15 on persuading to include a new section on credibility and on logical and emotional appeals.
- Includes new information on Internet research and evaluating Internet sources to better prepare students for this widely-used research source (Lesson 7, "Selecting Data" ).
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Year Published: 2004