Summary: Thinking about moving to mars?
Well, why not? Mars, after all, is the planet that holds the greatest promise for human colonization. But why speculate about the possibilities when you can get the real scientific scoop from someone who's been happily living and working there for years? Straight from the not-so-distant future, this intrepid pioneer's tips for physical, financial, and social survival on the Red Planet cover:
- How to get to Mars (Cycling spacec ...show moreraft offer cheap rides, but the smell is not for everyone.)
- Choosing a spacesuit (The old-fashioned but reliable pneumatic Neil Armstrong style versus the sleek new-but anatomically unforgiving-elastic ''skinsuit.'')
- Selecting a habitat (Just like on Earth: location, location, location.)
- Finding a job that pays well and doesn't kill you (This is not a metaphor on Mars.)
- How to meet the opposite sex (Master more than forty Mars-centric pickup lines.)
With more than twenty original illustrations by Michael Carroll, Robert Murray, and other renowned space artists,How to Live on Marsseamlessly blends humor and real science, and is a practical and exhilarating guide to life on our first extraterrestrial home. ...show less
More prices and sellers below.