Summary: With each edition of her top-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology text, Elaine N. Marieb draws on her own, unique experience as a full-time A&P professor and part-time nursing student to explain concepts and processes in a meaningful and memorable way. With the Seventh Edition, Dr. Marieb has teamed up with co-author Katja Hoehn to produce the most exciting edition yet, with beautifully-enhanced muscle illustrations, updated coverage of factual material and topic ...show moreboxes, new coverage of high-interest topics such as Botox, designer drugs, and cancer treatment, and a comprehensive instructor and student media package.Edition/Copyright: 7TH 07
- A clear and inviting writing style uses everyday analogies to explain difficult concepts and hold students' attention.
- The enhanced art program accelerates the learning process with large, clear anatomical figures, handy illustrated tables, consistent, color-coded flow charts, and realistic illustrations of microscopic structures.
- Comprehensive clinical applications appear in Homeostatic Imbalance sections, Closer Look enrichment essays, and Critical Thinking and Clinical Application exercises to help students apply their knowledge to clinical situations.
- Making Connections and Closer Connections summarize the relationships between body systems and their clinical implications.
- Thorough beginning- and end-of-chapter pedagogy reinforces key concepts to help students truly understand the material instead of simply memorizing it.
Publisher: Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2007
Other Editions of Human Anatomy and Physiology (Comp. ) - With CD and Atlas: