Summary: This chronologically-organized text's succinct coverage and examples that relate effectively to education, nursing, and psychology majors have made this book a favorite with professors and students. Along with updated citations and examples, this edition includes increased coverage of exceptional individuals, thoroughly revised adulthood chapters, and increased integration of web and media resources. Edition/Copyright: 5TH 04
New to This Edition : adding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> · Online Learning Center now includes PowerWeb! PowerWeb is a password-protected web site that includes current articles, weekly updates with assessment, informative and timely world news, refereed web links, interactive exercises, and much more. A PowerWeb access card is free with each new copy of the text. · The adulthood chapters have been thoroughly revised based on new research. · The latest research citations and current examples have been incorporated. · The coverage of exceptional individuals has been increased to include the latest research. · New visual summaries at the end of each section and chapter help students process and remember what they have just read. · New Media Icons in the margin direct students to CD and web assets for further study. Features :
- Chapter Objectives have been added to the beginning of each chapter to help students identify the key concepts that they should master by chapter's end.
- n Integrated Study Guide , unique to this text features: n Guided Review sections have been expanded to give students additional opportunities to test their knowledge. n Conclusion and Summary appears at the end of each chapter, combining a brief conclusion with bulleted summary points that recap the chapter. n What Do You Think? challenge questions ask students to apply what they've read. n Chapter Review Test concludes the chapter by providing multiple choice questions that test students' knowledge.
- n Recognizes the increased interest in the contextual viewpoint which looks at the interaction of environmental influences and their impact upon development.
- n View Boxes: "An Applied View", "A Multicultural View," and "An Informed View" encourage students to use what they have learned to develop an informed view of contemporary issues.
- n Sociocultural Boxes help students recognize the contextual forces--biological, psychological and social -that impact development.
- n Discussions of Multicultural issues in each chapter
- n Chapters open with Vignettes often based on actual cases that stimulate student interest.
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Publishing Company
Year Published: 2004
Other Editions of Human Development Across Lifespan / With CD: