Summary: By presenting the basic principles of human disease, this edition of Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach with CD-ROM is organized by organ system and provides practical information for both health career and general education students. Now in full color, this text features a new chapter on infectious diseases, new multimedia components, end-of-chapter multimedia connection activities and a complete instructor's supplement package.
...show moreadding:0px;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 6TH 06
- Companion Website includes chapter-specific, self-test questions with immediate feedback, hyperlinks, case studies, and bulletin board questions.
- CD-ROM provides interactive activities and an audio glossary.
- Unique side-by-side photographs show the normal and abnormal organs together.
- At-a-Glance Body Summary charts and questions enable student to differentiate the major characteristics of disease as they affect the various body systems.
- Prevention Plus! Feature highlights ways students can prevent disease and promote health in their own lives.
- Disease by the Numbers feature presents epidemiology for selected diseases and helps put diseases in context in terms of their incidence.
- Fact or Fiction feature starts each chapter with a question that challenges "popular wisdom" related to disease processes helps students to debunk myths.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Human Diseases : A Systemic Approach-With CD: