Summary: Human Resource Management by Mathis and Jackson is viewed as a highly authoritative, current, and reliable textbook. In this new edition, the authors have taken great care to ensure that the elements that make this book successful are still the foundation in the new edition. However, they realize that HR is a dynamic field and that transformation is occurring HR. In the 11th edition, the authors discuss factors that are driving change in HR Management and how HR is b ...show moreeing shaped by many factors such as Technology and Globalization. The authors of this book have excellent professional reputations and are well-connected with the Society for Human Resource Management. Now in its 11th edition, Bob Mathis and John Jackson have written an extremely successful human resource management book that is suitable for learners who will eventually work as HR generalists and managers, business students who are not HR majors, and current HR professionals, especially those who are preparing for their professional certification. This text is widely used in preparation for professional examinations (PHR, SPHR) given by the highly regarded Human Resource Certification Institute, a part of SHRM. Human Resource Management is a highly regarded book written by authors who are well known and extremely knowledgeable in their field.Edition/Copyright: 11TH 06
- NEW! HR Metrics: One of the most significant topics in HR today. Through metrics HR managers analyze and document the impact of HR activities on their organizations. The authors cover HR Metrics as part of Strategic HR Management. Additionally, throughout the 11th edition content on HR metrics is identified by metrics icon.
- NEW! Global Issues: In this edition of the textbook, Global issues are integrated within the chapters because global issues are impacting all facets of HR management. A number of vignettes entitled HR Globally are integrated throughout the book in addition to Global content being identified by a special icon within the chapters.
- HR Headlines: Introductory vignettes that are shorter and more interesting than previous editions and they relate chapter content to current issues affecting HR business.
- HR Perspectives: These boxed features include HR topics in each chapter covering the most important topics: research, ethics and current examples.
- HR Practice: Boxed features that help readers apply chapter concepts to identify how HR activities are performed. I.e., conducting exit interviews, interviewing people with disabilities and handling employee terminations.
- NEW! Technology Transforming HR: This boxed feature helps readers stay current with the many changes in HR that are affected by emerging technologies.
- Strategic HR: Increased or significantly revised information on HR Management is being reshaped by HR as a strategic business contributor, workforce changes, managing a growing diverse workforce, technology, global factors including international outsourcing, organizational restructuring, healthcare benefit cost concerns (including consumer-driven healthcare), and legal compliance in all HR areas (EEO, ADA, OSHA, FLSA, NLRB, FMLA).
Publisher: South-Western Publishing Co.
Year Published: 2006