Summary: This text introduces, defines, and analyzes the movement behind human services theory and application through articles by well-known scholars in the field. Edition/Copyright: 3RD 04
The Third Edition includes new information on substance abuse, teen pregnancy aid, technology, social change, and the empowerment educational model.
- "Special Focus" features allow students to concentr ...show moreate on timely applications of important concepts such as psychotherapy, substance abuse, and teen pregnancy.
- Offers a number of articles by human services experts on issues such as welfare reform, youth in human services, child abuse, community organizing, disabilities, and HIV/AIDS.
- Includes chapter introductions and conclusions as well as section introductions to familiarize students with concepts.
New To This Edition
- Reorganized into seven parts, students are introduced to the field of human services and the skills needed for dealing with different groups of clients, along with information on law, ethics, and emerging influences and trends in the field.
- New chapters offer comprehensive information on the historical roots of human services, interviewing techniques and skills, and the legal foundations of the field.
- New chapters expand the importance of technology and social change, and research the effectiveness of the empowerment educational model.
- Includes updated key terms, pivotal discussion issues, and suggested readings for all chapters.
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.