Summary: For courses in Security Management, Private Security, and Introduction to Private Security. Edition/Copyright: 04
This new text gives students a rare, hands-on approach to the study of security issues before they actually find themselves employed in a specific security-related job. Written in a clear, easy-to-understand style, this book gives students the opportunity to look at this field from various perspectives. It grounds them firmly in the history and fundamentals of secur ...show moreity, as well as prepares them for today's most difficult security challenges.
- Emphasis on 4 areas--Focuses on: 1) Physical Security and Asset Protection; 2) Computer Security and Information; 3) Security Management and Personnel; and 4) Overall System Operation.
- Provides students with an extremely dynamic text for the classroom by giving manageable amounts of information in an organized manner.
- Comprehensive coverage of difficult security challenges--Including the use of technology in physical security; understanding security in the context of setting; security scenarios; public and private police relation; legal liability; internal resource identification; external community connections; and more.
- Grounds students firmly in the issues of security and prepares them for today's challenges.
- Newspaper articles, case studies, and exercises.
- Exposes students to a broad range of security issues by bringing the material to life.
- Sample security tools--Includes a physical security survey, perimeter security survey, lighting security assessment, computer security inventory, and more.
- Provides students with a wide variety of the aids that they will need to build and renovate security programs.
- Review and discussion questions--Conclude each chapter.
- Allows students to review what they have learned and participate in exciting class discussions.
- Wide array of appendices--Includes security careers, associations and certifications, Internet resources, and a historical security timeline.
- Enables students to utilize this text as an important future reference tool.
- Comprehensive Instructor's Manual--Includes a test bank, transparency masters, additional chapter discussion questions, and review questions.
- Gives instructors valuable support for exam preparation, homework assignments, and class discussion preparation.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2004