Summary: A comprehensive overview of industrial organic chemicals Edition/Copyright: 96
The majority of industrial organic chemicals and polymers are derived from seven major building blocks produced from petroleum and natural gas. While the fundamentals of this technology have remained constant in recent decades, the organic chemical industry itself has undergone important changes, especially in the areas of waste reduction and prevention of pollution. This follow-up to the two-volume Indust ...show morerial Organic Chemicals in Perspective describes the technology and places it in context, showing industrial organic chemists and chemical engineers how to work effectively and profitably within contemporary political and economic exigencies.
The authors draw upon their extensive industrial, research, and teaching experience, with compelling and thought-provoking perspective, to create an authoritative reference work that:
For students and professionals, especially those involved in the design and manufacture of commodity and specialty organic chemicals and polymers, Industrial Organic Chemicals stands as a first-rate reference for the latest in the technology, a helpful guide for current practices, and a source of insight into future developments. ...show less
- Provides an overview of the raw materials, intermediates, and processes involved in the manufacture of organic chemicals and polymers
- Focuses in detail on the seven major materials derived from petroleum and natural gas and the processes used to create them
- Emphasizes polymerization and catalysis, including the new metallocene catalysts
- Presents separate sections on the lesser-volume chemicals
- Provides separate chapters on chemicals from nonpetrochemical sources, such as coal, fats and oils, and carbohydrates, which often yield the more profitable specialty chemicals
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Year Published: 1996