Summary: INTERACCIONES is an all-inclusive intermediate-level text that allows the student to build on their prior knowledge of Spanish language and encourages them to progress beyond what they have already mastered. While focusing on the four-skills of language learning, INTERACCIONES also teaches the student to function within Hispanic culture by providing many opportunities to practice using the language in real contexts.
...show morex;padding-left:10px;margin:0px;'> ...show lessEdition/Copyright: 5TH 06
- NEW! A new QUIA Online Workbook/Lab Manual offers all the content of a print manual in an interactive, self-correcting format that includes feedback, games, and integrated audio.
- Interactive activities and exercises thoroughly incorporate all cultural material so that students learn about culture as they learn to function within it.
- Numerous communicative and integrative exercises, activities, and role-plays simulate the language tasks performed by native speakers and promote real communication.
- The use of authentic materials and language models provide students with the same type of listening and reading materials that native speakers hear and read.
- Students develop advanced-level proficiency through practice of communicative functions such as creating with language within a variety of contexts; asking and answering questions; initiating, sustaining, and closing a conversation; and learning to respond to a predictable situation in the target culture.
- The cross-cultural comparisons and contrasts help students develop a sensitivity to and appreciation for Spanish-speaking culture as well as a deeper understanding of their own culture. Information on people, art, architecture, and literature give students insight into the cultural achievements of Spanish-speaking peoples.
- The four skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing are taught and practiced independently and in combination in order to develop the three communicative modes: interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational.
- Terminology that focuses on communicative functions is used to present vocabulary, grammar, and expressions so that students see the relationship between the grammatical and linguistic structures and their communicative uses.
- NEW! The dialogs from "Así se habla" are now available on the Text Audio CD, giving the student further opportunity to hear authentic Spanish spoken in real-life situations.
- NEW! The Instructor's Resource Manual and the Annotated Instructor's Edition offer abundant instructor support. The annotations help simplify lesson planning and preparation. The Instructor's Resource Manual contains detailed suggestions for using the student textbook, sample syllabi, and a complete testing program on CD-ROM with two versions of each examination as well as the answer key and audio transcript.
- NEW! All cultural information has been expanded and updated. The subjects of the "Lectura cultural" reflect more modern trends, and mini-biographies on historical and contemporary figures represent more current areas such as literature, sports, politics, and entertainment.
- NEW! New strategies for reading and listening employ exercises to be completed before, during, and after completion of the passage, encouraging step-by-step learning and critical thinking.
- NEW! Students learn a new strategy for developing a composition related to the chapter topic, grammar, and functions and then utilize that strategy through pre-writing "Antes de escribir," exercises. The students then use the pre-writing exercises to create the "A escribir" compositions, and end with post-writing ("Después de escribir") exercises designed to help students correct and revise. Writing activities are correlated to Atajo 4.0 Writing Assistant for Spanish.
- NEW! A new Answer Key with Audio Script component for professor and student use contains answers to all exercises in the Workbook/Lab Manual and the script for the listening portions of the Lab Manual.
- NEW! The Heinle Overhead Transparency Bank accompanies the instructor package provided to all adopters. The IAE contains marginal annotations directing instructors to the appropriate transparency for vocabulary, grammar, and culture presentations and exercises.
- NEW! New student annotations have been placed in the margins of the student textbook. These new student annotations provide supplemental vocabulary, regional variations of the vocabulary, as well as additional grammar explanations and examples.
Publisher: Heinle & Heinle Publishers, Inc.
Year Published: 2006
Other Editions of Interacciones - With 2 CDs: