Summary: KEY MESSAGE: Elayn Martin-Gay's developmental math textbooks and video resources are motivated by her firm belief that every student can succeed. Martin-Gay's focus on the student shapes her clear, accessible writing, inspires her constant pedagogical innovations, and contributes to the popularity and effectiveness of her video resources. This revision of Martin-Gay's algebra series continues her focus on students and what they need to be successful. Martin-Gay also strives to provid
e the highest level of instructor and adjunct support. KEY TOPICS: Real Numbers And Algebraic Expressions; Equations, Inequalities, And Problem Solving; Graphs and Functions; Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities; Exponents, Polynomials, and Polynomial Functions; Rational Expressions; Rational Exponents, Radicals, and Complex Numbers; Quadratic Equations and Functions; Exponential and Logarithmic Functions; Conic Sections; Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Theorem MARKET: For all readers interested in intermediate algebra, and for all readers learning or revisiting essential skills in intermediate algebra through the use of lively and up-to-date applications.
Summary: KEY MESSAGE: Elayn Martin-Gay's developmental math textbooks and video resources are motivated by her firm belief that every student can succeed. Martin-Gay's focus on the student shapes her clear, accessible writing, inspires her constant pedagogical innovations, and contributes to the popularity and effectiveness of her video resources. This revision of Martin-Gay's algebra series continues her focus on students and what they need to be successful. Martin-Gay also strives to provide the highest level of instructor and adjunct support. KEY TOPICS: Real Numbers And Algebraic Expressions; Equations, Inequalities, And Problem Solving; Graphs and Functions; Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities; Exponents, Polynomials, and Polynomial Functions; Rational Expressions; Rational Exponents, Radicals, and Complex Numbers; Quadratic Equations and Functions; Exponential and Logarithmic Functions; Conic Sections; Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Theorem MARKET: For all readers interested in intermediate algebra, and for all readers learning or revisiting essential skills in intermediate algebra through the use of lively and up-to-date applications. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:5TH 09 Cover: Hardback Publisher:Prentice Hall, Inc. Published: 02/06/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
1. Real Numbers And Algebraic Expressions 1.1 Tips for Success in Mathematics 1.2 Algebraic Expressions and Sets of Numbers 1.3 Operations on Real Numbers Integrated Review - Algebraic Expressions and Operations on Whole Numbers 1.4 Properties of Real Numbers
2. Equations, Inequalities, And Problem Solving 2.1 Linear Equations in One Variable 2.2 An Introduction to Problem Solving 2.3 Formulas and Problem Solving 2.4 Linear Inequalities and Problem Solving Integrated Review - Linear Equations and Inequalities 2.5 Compound Inequalities 2.6 Absolute Value Equations 2.7 Absolute Value Inequalities
3. Graphs and Functions 3.1 Graphing Equations 3.2 Introduction to Functions 3.3 Graphing Linear Functions 3.4 The Slope of a Line 3.5 Equations of Lines Integrated Review - Linear Equations in Two Variables 3.6 Graphing Piecewise-Defined Functions and Shifting and Reflecting Graphs of Functions 3.7 Graphing Linear Inequalities
4. Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities 4.1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables 4.2 Solving Systems of Linear Equations in Three Variables 4.3 Systems of Linear Equations and Problem Solving Integrated Review - Systems of Linear Equations 4.4 Solving Systems of Equations by Matrices 4.5 Solving Systems of Linear Inequalities
5. Exponents, Polynomials, and Polynomial Functions 5.1 Exponents and Scientific Notation 5.2 More Work with Exponents and Scientific Notation 5.3 Polynomials and Polynomial Functions 5.4 Multiplying Polynomials 5.5 The Greatest Common Factor and Factoring by Grouping 5.6 Factoring Trinomials 5.7 Factoring by Special Products Integrated Review - Operations on Polynomials and Factoring Strategies 5.8 Solving Equations by Factoring and Problem Solving
6. Rational Expressions 6.1 Rational Functions and Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions 6.2 Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions 6.3 Simplifying Complex Fractions 6.4 Dividing Polynomials: Long Divisions and Synthetic Division 6.5 Solving Equations Containing Rational Expressions Integrated Review - Expressions and Equations Containing Rational Expressions 6.6 Rat
Fair FREE TRACKING/DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ON ALL ORDERS! ! A used book that may have some cosmetic wear (i.e. shelf-wear, slightly torn or missing dust jacket, dented corner...) All text in great sha...show morepe! Ships Safe, Secure, & Fast! 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! ...show less
$5.71 +$3.99 s/h
OwlsBooks-TRM Toledo, OH
Giving great service since 2004: Buy from the Best! 4,000,000 items shipped to delighted customers. We have 1,000,000 unique items ready to ship! Find your Great Buy today!
$5.75 +$3.99 s/h
Better World Books Mishawaka, IN
Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over one million happy customers. Your purchase benefits world literacy!
$5.94 +$3.99 s/h
One Planet Books Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access...show more code or dust jacket ...show less
$7.00 +$3.99 s/h
Seattle Goodwill WA Seattle, WA
2008 Hardcover Fair
$7.70 +$3.99 s/h
Alliance Book Services tempe, AZ
0136007295 HARDCOVER - DOES NOT INCLUDE CD - Some pages or margins throughout book have moderate to heavy rippling/discoloration from liquid exposure that does not impair usability. Heavy wear and cre...show moreasing to cover/edges/corners. Cardboard showing on corners, edges and spine of book. Cover loosening from binding or may be completely separated, but binding still intact and all pages are present and undamaged. School markings, book #'s, and stickers inside and on book. Moderate markings/highlighting on/inside book, none of which impairs usability. Black-out marks, rips and tears on edges of pages. ...show less
$9.85 +$3.99 s/h
kelseyskorner Ferndale, WA
Solid binding. Overall good clean pages-a few have a slight wrinkle. Solid clean cover with minor corner wear. Good hardcover book.
$9.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
Upper Saddle River, NJ 2008 Other 5th ed. Good.
$10.00 +$3.99 s/h
HPB-Clear-Lake Houston, TX
2008 Hardcover Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, and may not include cd-rom or ac...show morecess codes. Customer service is our top priority! ...show less
$12.50 +$3.99 s/h
kelseyskorner Ferndale, WA
Solid binding. Good clean pages-some have a crease. Good clean cover. Good hardcover book.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.