This edition has also been released as:
Summary: For college-level courses on intermediate algebra. Edition/Copyright: 4TH 05
Elayn Martin-Gay's success as a developmental math author and teacher starts with a strong focus on mastering the basics through well-written explanations, innovative pedagogy and a meaningful, integrated program of learning resources. The revisions provide new pedagogy and resources to build student confidence, help students develop basic skills and understand concepts, and provide the highest level of in ...show morestructor and adjunct support.
Martin-Gay's series is well known and widely praised for an unparalleled ability to:
Martin-Gay believes that every student can:
- Explain key concepts clearly with an excellent, accessible writing style.
- Build problem-solving skills with thoroughly integrated problem solving techniques and explanations.
- Relate to students through real-life applications that are interesting, relevant, and practical.
Martin-Gay believes that every student can succeed, and with each successive edition enhances her pedagogy and learning resources to provide evermore relevant and useful tools to help students and instructors achieve success. ...show less
- Test better: The new Chapter Test Prep Video shows Martin-Gay working step-by-step video solutions to every problem in each Chapter Test to enhance mastery of key chapter content.
- Study better: New, integrated Study Skills Reminders reinforce the skills introduced in section 1.1, "Tips for Success in Mathematics" to promote an increased focus on the development of all-important study skills.
- Learn better: The enhanced exercise sets and new pedagogy, like the Concept Checks, mean that students have the tools they need to learn successfully.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.
Year Published: 2005