Summary: KEY MESSAGE:Gary Rockswold and Terry Kriegerfocus on teaching algebra in context, giving students realistic and convincing answers to the perennial question, ldquo;When will I ever use this?rdquo; The authorsrsquo; consistent use of real data, graphs, and tables throughout the examples and exercise sets gives meaning to the numbers and equations as students encounter them. This new edition further enhances Rockswold and Kriegerrsquo;s focus on math in the real world with a new feat
ures and updated applications to engage todayrsquo;s students. KEY TOPICS: Real Numbers and Algebra, Linear Functions and Models, Linear Equations and Inequalities, Systems Of Linear Equations, Polynomial Expressions and Functions, Rational Expressions and Functions, Radical Expressions and Functions, Quadratic Functions and Equations, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Conic Sections, Sequences and Series MARKET: For all readers interested in Algebra.
Summary: KEY MESSAGE:Gary Rockswold and Terry Kriegerfocus on teaching algebra in context, giving students realistic and convincing answers to the perennial question, ldquo;When will I ever use this?rdquo; The authorsrsquo; consistent use of real data, graphs, and tables throughout the examples and exercise sets gives meaning to the numbers and equations as students encounter them. This new edition further enhances Rockswold and Kriegerrsquo;s focus on math in the real world with a new features and updated applications to engage todayrsquo;s students. KEY TOPICS: Real Numbers and Algebra, Linear Functions and Models, Linear Equations and Inequalities, Systems Of Linear Equations, Polynomial Expressions and Functions, Rational Expressions and Functions, Radical Expressions and Functions, Quadratic Functions and Equations, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions, Conic Sections, Sequences and Series MARKET: For all readers interested in Algebra. ...show less
Edition/Copyright:3RD 09 Cover: Hardback Publisher:Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc. Published: 01/10/2008 International: No
View Table of Contents
Note: There are Cumulative Review exercises after every chapter beginning with Chapter 2, and Checking Basic Concepts exercises after every other section.
1. Real Numbers and Algebra 1.1 Describing Data with Sets of Numbers 1.2 Operations on Real Numbers 1.3 Integer Exponents 1.4 Variables, Equations, and Formulas 1.5 Introduction to Graphing
2. Linear Functions and Models 2.1 Functions and Their Representations 2.2 Linear Functions 2.3 The Slope of a Line 2.4 Equations of Lines and Linear Models
3. Linear Equations and Inequalities 3.1 Linear Equations 3.2 Introduction to Problem Solving 3.3 Linear Inequalities 3.4 Compound Inequalities 3.5 Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
4. Systems of Linear Equations 4.1 Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables 4.2 The Substitution and Elimination Methods 4.3 Systems of Linear Inequalities 4.4 Introduction to Linear Programming 4.5 Systems of Linear Equations in Three Variables 4.6 Matrix Solutions of Linear Systems 4.7 Determinants
5. Polynomial Expressions and Functions 5.1 Polynomial Functions 5.2 Multiplication of Polynomials 5.3 Factoring Polynomials 5.4 Factoring Trinomials 5.5 Special Types of Factoring 5.6 Summary of Factoring 5.7 Polynomial Equations
6. Rational Expressions and Functions 6.1 Introduction to Rational Functions and Equations 6.2 Multiplication and Division of Rational Expressions 6.3 Addition and Subtraction of Rational Expressions 6.4 Rational Equations 6.5 Complex Fractions 6.6 Modeling with Proportions and Variation 6.7 Division of Polynomials
8. Quadratic Functions and Equations 8.1 Quadratic Functions and Their Graphs 8.2 Parabolas and Modeling 8.3 Quadratic Equations 8.4 The Quadratic Formula 8.5 Quadratic Inequalities 8.6 Equations in Quadratic Form
9. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions 9.1 Composite and Inverse Functions 9.2 Exponential Functions 9.3 Logarithmic Functions 9.4 Properties of Logarithms 9.5 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
10. Conic Sections 10.1 Parabolas and Circles 10.2 Ellipses and Hyperbolas 10.3 Nonlinear Systems of Equations and Inequalities
11. Sequences and Series 11.1 Sequences 11.2 Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences 11.3 Series 11.4 The Binomial Theorem Appendix: Using the Graphing Calculator Answers to Selected Exercises
Glossary Bibliography Photo Credits Index of Applications Index
Other Editions of Intermediate Algebra With Application and Visual. -With CD:
May NOT include supplemental materials such as CDs and access codes. May include some highlighting or writing. Ships next business day! Choose expedited shipping for delivery in 2-6 business days! Exc...show moreellent customer service! ...show less
$7.20 +$3.99 s/h
HippoBooks-DB Toledo, OH
Our feedback rating says it all: Five star service and fast delivery! We have shipped four million items to happy customers, and have one MILLION unique items ready to ship today!
$7.36 +$3.99 s/h
One Planet Books Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day! UPS expedited shipping available (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes). Used sticker & some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access...show more code or dust jacket ...show less
$8.25 +$3.99 s/h
Bookmans AZ Tucson, AZ
2008 Hardcover Fair CD and Access Code NOT included. Some shelf wear. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed.
$32.95 +$3.99 s/h
omgtextbooks Pueblo West, CO
Boston, MA 2007 Other 3rd ed. Good.
$45.75 +$3.99 s/h
chinchin rahway, NJ
Boston, MA 2007 Hard cover 3rd ed. New in very good dust jacket. 2009 HC, with CD. Audience: General/trade.
$53.61 +$3.99 s/h
Textbookcenter.com Columbia, MO
Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access code or dust jacket.
$69.99 +$3.99 s/h
LuVal Farm Enterprises, Inc. Woodburn, OR
2008 Hardcover New and factory sealed hardback edition.
Free Shipping Get Free Shipping on orders over $25 (not including Rental and Marketplace). Order arrives in 5-10 business days.
Need it faster? We offer fast, flat-rate expedited shipping options.
Not the right book for you? We'll gladly take it back within 30 days.
To return an eTextbook:
Your eTextbook is non-returnable once it's been activated. You must contact us about returning your eTextbook before you activate it.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of the purchase date on your order confirmation.
This book qualifies for guaranteed cash back! Buy it now for , then:
Sell it back by:
Guaranteed cash back:
Cost of this book after cash back:
Take advantage of Guaranteed Cash Back. Send your book to us in good condition before the end of the buyback period, we'll send YOU a check, and you'll pay less for your textbooks!
If you find this book for less on Amazon.com (direct from Amazon, not marketplace sellers), we'll match it.
In our warehouse, waiting to ship directly to you.
We hand-inspect every used textbook to make sure it's in good condition.
Buy it now. Sell it later!
Sell this textbook for cash!
When you're done with this book, sell it back to Textbooks.com. In addition to the best possible buyback price, you'll get an extra 10% cash back just for being a customer.
We buy good-condition used textbooks year 'round, 24/7. No matter where you bought it, Textbooks.com will buy your textbooks for the most cash.
We hand-inspect every one of our used textbooks to ensure good condition.
Our used textbooks do NOT have:
Missing or torn pages
Missing or torn cover
Torn or damaged binding
A broken spine
This textbook has never been used.
Due to the size of eTextbooks, a high-speed internet connection (cable modem, DSL, LAN) is required for download stability and speed. Your connection can be wired or wireless.
Being online is not required for reading an eTextbook after successfully downloading it. You must only be connected to the Internet duringthe download process.
XP or Windows 7 (32 or 64 running in 32 bit mode), or Mac OS 10.6 or above
At least 512 MB RAM, 600 mHZ processor, and 40 MB of hard drive space (75MB for Mac OS)
What is the Marketplace? It's another way for you to get the right price on the books you need. We approved every Marketplace vendor to sell their books on Textbooks.com, so you know they're all reliable.
What are Marketplace shipping options? Marketplace items do not qualify for free shipping. When ordering from the Marketplace, please specify whether you want the seller to send your book Standard ($3.99/item) or Express ($6.99/item). To get free shipping over $25, just order directly from Textbooks.com instead of through the Marketplace.
FREE UPS 2nd Day Air Terms
Rental and Marketplace items are excluded. Offer is valid from 1/21/2013 12:00PM to 1/23/2013 11:59AM CST. Your order must be placed by 12 Noon CST to be processed on the same day. Minimum order value is $100.00 excluding Rental and Marketplace items. To redeem this offer, select "FREE UPS 2ND DAY AIR" at checkout. Offer not is not valid on previous orders.