Summary: Intended for developmental math courses in intermediate algebra, this text retains the hallmark features that have made the Aufmann texts market leaders: an interactive approach in an objective-based framework: a clear writing style, and an emphasis on problem-solving strategies. The acclaimed Aufmann Interactive Method, allows students to try a skill as it is introduced with matched-pair examples, offering students immediate feedback, reinforcing the concept, identifyi ...show moreng problem areas, and, overall, promoting student success. Edition/Copyright: 7TH 08
- New! Interactive Exercises appear at the beginning of an objective's exercise set (when appropriate), and provide students with guided practice on some of the objective's underlying principles.
- New! Think About It Exercises are conceptual in nature and appear near the end of an objective's exercise set. They ask the students to think about the objective's concepts, make generalizations, and apply them to more abstract problems. The focus is on mental mathematics, not calculation or computation, and help students synthesize concepts.
- New! Important Points have been highlighted to capture students' attention. With these signposts, students are able to recognize what is most important and to study more efficiently.
- New! Coverage of evaluating functions, graphing functions, and the vertical line test have been added to Section 3.2.
- New! An explanation that the x-coordinate of an x-intercept is a zero of a function can now be found in Section 3.3.
- New! Improved Introductions to exponential and logarithmic functions in Chapter 10 will lead to greater student understanding of and interest in these topics.
- New Media! Two key components have been added to the technology package: HM Testing (powered by Diploma) and, as part of the Eduspace course management tool, HM Assess, an online diagnostic assessment tool.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Other Editions of Intermediate Algebra With Applications: