Summary: For Intermediate-level courses in Emergency Care. Edition/Copyright: 04
Comprehensive, accurate, and level-appropriate, Intermediate Care: Principles and Practices gives students a solid foundation of essential practice skills and provides the underlying principles upon which those skills are based. Correlated to the U.S. Department of Transportation's 1999 National Standard Curriculum for EMT-Intermediate, this text provides all the background content and skills coverage requi ...show morered for Intermediate-level education.
- Comprehensive, clear writing style--Uses a style that has proven successful with students; the text utilizes the model presented in the popular Paramedic Care series.
- Allows students to understand the "whys" behind the "hows" in EMT-I practice.
- U.S. DOT 1999 National Standard curriculum for EMT-Intermediate--Covers all five modules of the curriculum: Preparatory Information, Patient Assessment, Trauma Emergencies, Medical Emergencies, and Special Considerations.
- Provides students with all the background content and skills coverage required for Intermediate-level education.
- Accurate and timely--Reflects the best and latest in scientific and medical practice; written and reviewed by experts in the field.
- Gives students a meaningful text that can serve as a valuable reference for the future.
- Topical coverage--Includes a chapter on the EMS response to terrorist attacks and weapons of mass destruction.
- Explains to students the EMT-I's role in these new scenarios.
- Case studies.
- Introduces students to real-life scenes in which the chapter content occurs.
- Content review, running glossary, and key points--Contained within the margins of the text.
- Provides students with a review outline, fundamentals, and common terms and definitions.
- Procedure scans.
- Gives students step-by-step visual support on how to support skills.
- "Patho Pearls."
- Gives students a snapshot of the pathophysiology they'll encounter in the field.
- Documentation, medical calculations, legal notes, and cultural considerations.
- Shows students techniques, practices, and ethical considerations; as well as insights into different cultures.
- Complete support package--Includes a Workbook, Instructor's Resource Manual, Test Manager, PowerPoints, and a Companion Website--not offered by the competition.
- Provides instructors with a complete training solution.
Publisher: Prentice Hall, Inc.